Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) 2-Day Course
Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) is the gold standard of education for emergency medical assessment and treatment. Endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians, AMLS emphasizes the use of the AMLS Assessment Pathway, a systematic tool for assessing and managing common medical conditions with urgent accuracy.
Students learn to recognize and manage common medical crises through realistic case-based scenarios that challenge students to apply their knowledge to highly critical patients. The course emphasizes the use of scene size-up, history, interactive group discussion on potential treatment strategies, and physical exam to systematically rule out and consider possibilities and probabilities in treating patients’ medical crises.
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Altered mental status
- Neurological disorders
- Endocrine/Metabolic disorders
- Environmental emergencies
- Infectious disease
- Abdominal disorders
- Toxicological emergencies
- Exposure to hazardous materials
AMLS is appropriate for EMTs, paramedics, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse anesthetists and physicians. AMLS is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Order Course Books & Materials (REQUIRED)
This NAEMT course will require ordering a digital or hard copy format of the course book through the following on-line resource before the start of the class. Click link below to purchase digital or hardcopy versions of your required course materials:
Course Cancellations & Policies
* A 25 % non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund; the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.