BLS Instructors Course
The BLS and Heartsaver Instructor Course is intended for Professionals who wish to teach others in American Heart Association BLS Courses to include Heartsaver, Heartsaver First AID, and BLS Healthcare Provider.
- A current AHA provider card received 60 days prior to the course.
- A letter of recommendation to be an instructor from a Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty member received by the training center 30 days in advance of the course.
- AHA Training Center Alignment form received to by our office 30 days prior to the course.
- Provider Skills check off 30 days prior to the course by Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty. There will be no remediation of skills at this time. Potential candidates that do not pass skills checks will not be allowed to attend the instructor course.
- In order to attend the course and teach the BLS Healthcare provider course, you must have a current BLS Healthcare provider Certificationwithin 60 daysof the course and be a clinician. Lay responders may not teach BLS Healthcare Provider courses that are associated with our training center.
- Willingness to teach the scientific and program guidelines of the American Heart Association.
- Commitment to teach two courses per year according to AHA guidelines.
- For more information, please contact our Director of Training.
The BLS Instructor Manual, Instructor Essentials Course (Online), Heartsaver Instructor Manual, Provider Manual, and Heartsaver Textbooks are required for the Healthcare Provider Attending this course.
Heartsaver Instructors are required to purchase the Heartsaver Instructor Manual, the Core Instructor course, and all associated provider text.
PRICE: $425.00 plus course manuals
Pricing for AHA instructor’s manuals vary. Please call or submit a contact inquiry for details concerning the Instructor’s Manual for this course after registering.
Course Cancellations & Policies
* A 25 % non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund; the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.