BLS Instructors Course
The BLS and Heartsaver Instructor Course is intended for Professionals who wish to teach others in American Heart Association BLS Courses to include Heartsaver, Heartsaver First AID, and BLS Healthcare Provider.
- A current AHA provider card received 60 days prior to the course.
- A letter of recommendation to be an instructor from a Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty member received by the training center 30 days in advance of the course.
- AHA Training Center Alignment form received to by our office 30 days prior to the course.
- Provider Skills check off 30 days prior to the course by Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty. There will be no remediation of skills at this time. Potential candidates that do not pass skills checks will not be allowed to attend the instructor course.
- In order to attend the course and teach the BLS Healthcare provider course, you must have a current BLS Healthcare provider Certificationwithin 60 daysof the course and be a clinician. Lay responders may not teach BLS Healthcare Provider courses that are associated with our training center.
- Willingness to teach the scientific and program guidelines of the American Heart Association.
- Commitment to teach two courses per year according to AHA guidelines.
- For more information, please contact our Director of Training.
The BLS Instructor Manual, Instructor Essentials Course (Online), Heartsaver Instructor Manual, Provider Manual, and Heartsaver Textbooks are required for the Healthcare Provider Attending this course.
Heartsaver Instructors are required to purchase the Heartsaver Instructor Manual, the Core Instructor course, and all associated provider text.
PRICE: $425.00 plus course manual
The BLS Instructor Manual includes lesson plans and information for teaching both the Instructor-led training (ILT) and blended-learning options for the BLS Provider Course on an initial or a renewal basis.
The BLS Instructor Manual is for use by AHA BLS Instructors. Each Instructor must have his/her own copy of the Instructor manual for teaching BLS Provider Courses.
This manual has been updated with new science from the 2020 Guidelines for CPR and ECC and replaces the previous version (15-1009).
DO NOT REGISTER IF WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE DESIRED COURSE DATE - CALL 757-285-8338 INSTEAD!
ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL - SEE CANCELLATION POLICY FURTHER BELOW!
Course Cancellations & Policies
Course cancellations and textbooks are non-refundable!
IMPORTANT – If you are wanting to register within 48 hours of a listed course date, please call our office at 757-285-8338 to register by phone for availability, instead. If you do register online within 48 hours of a course, we may not be able to accommodate your request.