PALS Update Course – Length: 1-Day
The AHA’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. This course requires possession of a current PALS Provider Card.
For healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
CONTENT & Modules:
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
PALS Renewal Details:
1) Course length is 6.5 to 8 hours
2) Must have a current [Non-expired] PALS Card.
Direct Book Ordering Links
Course requires either a digital or hardcopy of the course manual at start of class:
Course Cancellations & Policies
* A 25 % non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund; the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.