PALS Provider Course 2-Day
The AHA’s PALS Provider Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
For healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
CONTENT & Modules:
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
Direct Book Ordering Links
Course requires either a digital or hardcopy of the course manual at start of class:
DO NOT REGISTER IF WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE DESIRED COURSE DATE - CALL 757-285-8338 INSTEAD!
See details in Course Cancellation & Policies* below.
Course Cancellations & Policies
Courses are non-refundable. Students may opt to reschedule a Course one time, with 72 hour notice to Cardiac Concepts LLC, prior to the course.
Any rescheduling, or cancelling of a course, beyond the one time option, will be a forfeiture of all monies paid towards the course. Any student who is a “No Show” the day of their scheduled course, will forfeit all monies paid towards that course.
If the Training Facility of Cardiac Concepts LLC cancels a course, due to low student interest, dangerous weather, or natural disaster, then a full refund will be issued to the student(s).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the office at 757-285-8338.
IMPORTANT – If you are wanting to register within 48 hours of a listed course date, please call our office at 757-285-8338 to register by phone for availability, instead. If you do register online within 48 hours of a course, we may not be able to accommodate your request.